The Prince Regent of Tal
The history of the hotelier family Mayr & Kirchlechner begins with Maria and Johann Nepomuk Mayr. The Mayrs take over Hotel Torbräu in 1903, initially as tenants of the Spaten-Leist-Brauerei.
The hotel, refurbished from 1900 in the Art Nouveau style with its striking onion tower visible from afar, and its hoteliers are the talk of the town. With great reverence the folk of Munich call out: "Look, here comes the Prince Regent of Tal" whenever the Mayrs pass in their horse-drawn carriage, Johann invariably wearing a top hat.